15. Plot like Dr. Evil: Get on track & stay on it
You’re about to embark on the fun part – the part when you turn all those scrappy notes, your research folder, and whatever else you have into actual scenes. That wall in your room is gonna look mighty pretty when you’re finished with it!
Just beat it!
- Buy some 3×5” index cards and write your beats on them.
- Clear a big space on your wall.
- Beat out your story.
- Remember: keep the summaries MINIMAL.
- Alternative: if you’re more of a web person, use Trello instead.
Write “FADE IN:” in your screenplay document, then write the opening image to your story – just the opening image. Consider:
- Whom do we see first?
- What is the tone?
- What do we want our audience to think?
- What do we want our audience to feel?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.